Thursday, April 28, 2011

Corbin is two months old


It is hard to believe that my sweet boy is already two month's old. His growing older is bitter sweet to me. On one hand I can't wait for him to be able to hold his head up on his own or to start crawling. To see what he is going to look like once is hair is in and what is first giggle will sound like. On the other hand I wish I could press pause and just hold him tight so I will always remember what he smells like as a baby. How no matter what time of the day it is or what mood he might be in as long as I hold him on my shoulder and let him snuggle into my neck all is right in the world. Every time I find a piece of clothing that doesn't fit him anymore there is a little ping of sadness.
On a more positive note he is only waking up twice a night, which I am enjoying very much. I feel like I am slowly crawling out of the rabbit hole that I feel like I have fallen into since he has been born. I am happy to report that he loves the water, bath time is definitely a treat! Showers with daddy are a complete joy even with water in his eyes. I love the water myself and when I was pregnant this is one love that I hoped we would share. I can't wait for this summer, to set up the pool and share lazy days in the sun. There is this one small but beautiful lake that Matt and I found on a bus trip and I hope that we are able to get back there this summer and spend the day playing together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment