Sunday, November 11, 2012

Re-------------start

Wow, it has been over a year since my last post, I kind of forgot I had a blog. I am not going to try and catch up on the year that I missed. All I can say is we are happy, healthy and still blissfully exhausted! Oh and Corbin is walking and talking, hence the exhausted part.

The reason why I chose to start again is to motivate myself to finally start taking the steps towards a couple of goals that I have. I finally have realized that just having the goal is not enough, I must actually work towards those goals. Crazy I know! So I will start today, well tomorrow actually.

Eating a whole foods, plant based diet. For ME that means No meat, dairy, or bread. Only whole grains (Barley, Millot, Quina, Brown and Wild Rice.)  I am an all or nothing kind of person, so I have to go cold turkey. But at the same time I want to have fun, and experiment with weird food I have never tried. And remember to get back on the wagon without being to hard on myself, because I will fall off.

Now, where the blog comes in. I love looking up facts about the health foods...wow that sounds super nerdy seeing it written down. Oh well, I do! The problem is I forget most of what I read, so this will be a collection of what I find.

Also I like living my life as frugally fun as possible or finding neat "old school" ways of doing things. I often find myself thinking "how did people do this 50 years ago,this of course is my husband Matt's fault. But I am beginning to enjoy these new adventures. They do not all work and I often catch myself  saying "its a pain in the ass" that's why people don't do this! But in the end I am always happy that I have learned a new skill.

Yoga! I love yoga, a lot. I am consonantly amazed at the body when I practice and even more so when I stop practicing. They say you are as old as your spine is flexible, and I totally agree! I now understand that flexibility is just as important as strength.

 I hope to get my fingers on the keys at least a couple times a week. For now I will end with one of my Favorite Quotes

"Few are those who see with Their OWN eyes and Feel with Their OWN Hearts"

                                             - Albert  Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment