Friday, October 16, 2009

Puffy update


Poor Puffy. This past Wednesday it was a week since our new baby kitten split soy wax on himself. We had one of those warmers were you put the yummy smelling soy beads in it and it warms them and poof your room smells amazing. If you have one with pets or little kids "Please" put it away!!! We had ours in a corners, we have had it for 3-4 years no problems. Then the other night Puffy knocked it over and got it all over himself. Bad news! His whole left side was covered, of course I freaked out. He was pulling the waxedup hair out and bleeding. I wrapped him in a towel and he would purr then cry. We tried removing the wax....didn't go so well. So he was all wrapped up for the night and got to sleep in the cat carrier. I felt horrible.
The next morning I didn't know what to expect? I opened his cage and he acted like nothing was wrong. So I decided to keep an eye on him for a couple of days. And he has been fine until today. Well he was even fine today still chasing the other cats around, eating like a pig but today the hair stared to peel off :( I was going to take a picture and decided against it. Gross, really gross. Instead Matt and I took Puffy and all the pieces fall off of him to the vet.
They had to put him to sleep and remove all the hair and old skin :( And they suggested getting him fixed too! So now he is half shaved and no long a man! Poor Puffy. I got a goody bag to bring home of all the drugs, antibiotic and bandages that I get to be in charge of! I guess I can cross of working at a vet of my list of poss jobs that I one day might want!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Puffy!! Im glad he's going to be okay...He's huge since the last time we saw him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad...... Your a good Mom though. Once when I was sewing our Cat Tobey pulled the thread and needle out of my
    hand and swallowed it. The suregery cost us
    $680.00. Jack was out of town and I didn't know what to do. Costly mistake. They even
    gave me my needle back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOh My Gosh!..i' just read this about Puffy!..it made Me Cry...poor little Baby..
    how painful ?....Luv. Aunt Tara

    ReplyDelete